Friday, May 17, 2013

Blazers Prospects

(Lillard and Aldridge from tumblr.com)

I want to say some positive stuff first.  I love Lamarcus, he says the right stuff, he's an all-star, he carries the offensive load on the Blazers.  I love Lillard stepping in right away and being a man playing a billion minutes a night all season long as a rookie, and oh ya, rookie of the year.  I love Wes and his 110% mantra even if at that only makes him a backup on any other team.  I love Batum and his potential and his highlights and his international success.  And...

...and I have this sense of impending doom, ya know?  We'll add pieces to make us better, and we'll get a little better.  But Aldridge is the perfect complimentary piece to a contending team, and I think he'll bolt when his contract is up.  Or worse, he'll demand a max contract and Lillard will demand a max contract, and we'll be filling out our team with sub-Miami level surrounding talent without Miami level superstars.  If the ultimate goal is a title, that's not gonna cut it.  I hope that Olshey is smarter than me and figures something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment